View the ePermitting page to submit your application electronically.
View the Building Department page for permit forms. Follow the instructions on the form for submittal.
The City collects building permit fees, system development charges, and other fees when permits are issued. Other permit fees can include right-of-way, sewer, or water meter permits. The City collects a school excise tax for the Fern Ridge School District on new residential dwellings and commercial construction.
Building Permit Process - When Submitted at City Hall
- Submit three sets of building plans along with all necessary building permit applications. Plans can be submitted from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. The Building Clerk at the City of Veneta is available to help you with this process.
- Allow 21 days to process all applications. Some permit applications take less time, some take more. At any stage of review, you may receive notice that supplemental information or corrections are required.
- You will be called when your permit is ready to be issued.
- Pick up your permit(s) and pay all fees (including System Development Charges (SDCs) if applicable).
- Permits are issued from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Monday through Friday.
Building and Electrical Inspections can be scheduled by calling 541-942-9758 or 541-942-3340, or emailing Permits unless you are a contractor and are using ePermitting.
When calling for an inspection, please have the following:
- Permit number
- Service address
- Your name or business with whom the work was performed
- Your contact phone number
- Type of inspection needed